Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Costochondritis

I thought I'd mentioned this before, but I didn't find it in my blog posts.  I think I might be dealing with Costochondritis.  Here is another fine page about Costochondritis.

Looking back through my journal and blog entries, it seems the stabbing pain in my back, on the left side, has been going on since at least early March - almost two months now.  Before that, I had stabbing pains in the right side of my front ribcage.  The slightest movement seems to cause the pain to increase, including breathing.  The deeper the breath, the "louder" the pain gets.  If I sneeze, even just once, the pain is aggravated for hours or days.  It seems to make progress between sneezes, but with allergy season upon me, I can't keep the sneezing down very well.

Readers, if you've been diagnosed with costochondritis, tell me how you were diagnosed and what you do to treat it.  I see my doctor in a couple of weeks, but I'd like to know if he'll be able to help me, or if this will be yet another one of those conditions that just gets chalked up to Fibromyalgia with no possible treatment options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.