Monday, January 3, 2011

No More Bellyaching!

I'm thrilled to report that I seem to be done having the regular bellyaches, cramps, and bloating that have been going on since August of last year.  DONE!  I have my new gastroenterologist to thank, my niece for recommending him to me, and the drug that the doctor prescribed for me - Dexilant.  It's a proton pump inhibitor that is reducing the acid in my stomach, which appears to be at least a contributing factor in both my gastritis and aches.  

As a bonus, my recent throat-clearing and coughing issues seem to be somewhat more manageable, though not cured completely.  They are at least more productive than before.  I'm still oddly very tired most days, even though I try not to do much if possible, but without having to deal with the belly episodes every day, I feel very grateful and much better. I'm hoping the trend continues and that talk of any gallbladder removal surgery becomes moot.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet! How is the build up on the exercise coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to report that I'm on week 7 and still going strong on my Baby Steps workout regimen. Week 6 I started feeling that soreness, but it was a good soreness for a change. It meant my muscles were being challenged as I intend them to be. I am feeling much better about myself for having started the little workouts and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.