Accepting that we no longer have the ability to do what we used to do is also devastating. We lose our identities quite a bit and struggle to maintain some sense of worth. Relationships have crumbled over this blasted syndrome and many of us remain angry and frustrated that we cannot return to our normal selves ever again. It is a lifelong condition and very unfair. We tend to look healthy and because of changing symptoms, outsiders can be confused about our disability. It is a very challenging condition to have.
Fibromyalgia Info and Support
- Fibromyalgia Overview (by eMedicine)
- What Does It Mean To Have FibroMyalgia?
- How to Cope with Pain
- National Fibromyalgia Association
- Fibromyalgia-CFS · Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- We Are Fibro
- The Spoon Theory
- Women Living with Fibromyalgia (Facebook group for Women with FMS)