Friday, September 30, 2011

Drugs: Loaded for the Week

Benia's Weekly Pills
I just loaded up my weekly pill organizers for another seven days.  Here's a lovely photo of all the pills I'll be taking in the next week.

The white box is for morning pills and the blue box is for bedtime pills.  Pretty crazy, eh?  There are both medications and supplements in here.  This picture doesn't even include the inhaler, nasal spray, eye gel or cream I use daily. 

My body requires a lot of maintenance, as the basic functions are not working as they should.  I have always been the type of person who would avoid taking medicines if possible, and let my body's natural back-up systems do their work.  As a kid with allergies, I almost never took anything for them - just tried to avoid the triggers and always have tissues on hand.  As I became a teen, I developed asthma and the inhaler became a necessary part of life.

With myofascial pain and fibromyalgia dragging me down in my adulthood now, the need to assist my body's defective functions with medications has culminated into this weekly regimen of pills, along with other treatments and habits not pictured.

Such is the life of a fibromite...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.