Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Weekend

I just said "good-bye" to my husband's parents and sister and her boyfriend after a long, four-day weekend visit with us. My husband, Don, was great and handled most of the hosting responsibilities, including pretty much all of the cooking and planning. (Thanks Don!)

Yesterday, we took the train out to downtown Chicago and spent the whole day wandering around Millennium Park and the city streets, taking pictures, drinking, eating, and having a good time. We even went out to karaoke at a bar near my home after the train ride back. We all drank and sang and stayed out until 2am last night!

I knew a whole day of walking was going to be hard for me, but I committed and looked forward to the event. It went surprisingly well, although I am still waiting for the proverbial other shoe to fall. I am only dealing with minor aches and some fatigue today, but I never would have guessed that I'd be functioning after yesterday's full agenda. I thought I'd at least be dealing with a hangover, but I must have kept myself properly hydrated, because I am luckily not hungover at all.

I am still a bit skittish over a probable delayed reaction to all the activities, but I just decided that I'm going to enjoy myself for the moment and not worry about a flare until it actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.