Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feeling Icky

Bleh...  In a word, that's about how I've been feeling for the past week or three.  I'm so glad I had some good days to celebrate, because these are the days when I just don't have it.  I'm tired, I'm achy, and I have to really push myself to get anything done. 

My motivation is getting things off my to-do list, because I keep writing things down over and over, wherever I am, on various slips of paper, and eventually, I have lists and lists repeating the same important tasks all over the place, while the task itself remains undone.  I'm proud to say that I managed to cross a couple things off my lists today, and even tossed an obsolete list or two away.  It's progress that I am happy about, even though I know I could have done all that and more very easily in "the before time".

I've noticed the stairs are getting more and more taxing on my leg muscles, lately, too.  I have been mixing up my stretching routines with some isometric strengthening exercises, including some squat-type moves that help strengthen my leg muscles.  Of course, progress has been slow.  I have been slow!  

I feel this post is somewhat disappointing, but I wanted to check in with whoever might be reading and let them know I'm still alive.  I'm just not feeling right lately, so I don't have much to say today.  I'm feeling icky with a flare-up and I'm pushing through it.  

2 comments:

  1. The best medicine for a flare is rest. You need to give yourself time. I hope you feel better soon. Gentle hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb. I'm frustrated at my weakening muscles while I rest, and my weight loss becoming stagnant. Normal people can just exercise more to burn more - I can't. I feel a bit stuck at the moment, but I must do what I know is right: rest. I need to not stress over these setbacks and just let my body recover a little.

    Thanks so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.