Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Pain in the Butt

I've finally moved up to 10+6 of my Baby Steps Workouts - yay me! 10+6 = 10 wall push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 6 free weight arm lifting moves on each arm, and 6 minutes on my elliptical machine, all done daily (mostly).

However, I'm noticing that my daily sit-ups may be causing my tailbone (coccyx) to become sore. I'm having a hard time sitting on hard surfaces. I do my sit-ups on carpeted flooring, and I feel the soreness during each sit-up, which is why I suspect these exercises are behind this pain in the behind.  I will try using a cushion to see if that helps. I don't want any excuses to keep me from continuing to make progress with my workouts.

Although I haven't lost much weight yet, my fat percentage has gone down from 38% in January to 32% in April. This is actually going according to my plan! (Remember getting on the wagons?) Once I get my muscles strengthened up and my metabolism increased, I'll start worrying more about my actual weight. So far, I'm on the right track, so I'm very happy about that. I'm also feeling pretty proud of myself for being able to sustain a daily workout routine. When I started, I could do the 1 wall push-up and 1 sit-up daily, but I've progressed and feel stronger now. Doing 6 whole minutes on the elliptical now is actually feeling more like a workout (for me) but I notice I'm able to go at a faster pace and keep it up much better now. I'm thrilled about this.

If there are fibromites out there reading this post and think they can't work out at all, please try a progressive workout that starts with just one little thing a day. It only takes a second to do a wall push-up and you can do it wherever you find a wall. It feels really good to have done it and it's very easy to start with. Each week (or whenever you're ready) you can add one more to the daily routine. Go at your own pace. Do it for YOU! You'll feel better about yourself and build up your strength at the same time. If you're doing your own workout, leave a comment and let me know about it. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.