Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sacroiliitis Acting Up

I have been hurting in the hips and back, as well as my knee and foot for the past week. It seems to do whichever pain it feels like for the moment but something is always wrong.

I have even had to use my cane at work one day when the bottom of my foot could no longer deal with the pressure of standing or walking on it well. I was told I have sacroiliitis in my left hip, but if -itis means infection or at least inflammation, why is this not more urgent than it seems to be to my doctor? My only treatment thus far has been a belt to keep the joints secure and the occasional NSAID, which I'm not thrilled about using after the gastro problems I dealt with a few months ago.

I've been having hot flushing in my face in recent days, especially in the evenings, and it's not necessarily due to the hot weather, as I'm keeping cool indoors with air conditioning and fans. I'm concerned about something ugly happening inside my joints and spreading for some reason.

The sciatica pains have been firing up a bit lately, too. I'm sure it's not a coincidence, since they are all around the hip area.

I've been very uncomfortable with sitting or standing lately, and lying down has been the best position I can find while dealing with these pains, but I'd like to figure out if there's something that needs to be addressed. I hate the thought of having to deal with some emergency later because all the early clues were missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.