Monday, April 2, 2012

Test Results

I had the following tests done to rule out other conditions:

CBC WITH AUTOMATED DIFFERENTIAL
ANA COMMON ANTIBODY SCREEN WITH REFLEX
CRP
ALDOLASE
CPK-CREATINE KINASE
RBC SED RATE
RHEUMATOID FACTOR , IgM, IgG, IgA
URINALYSIS
CYCLIC CITRUL PEP AB
XR FOOT BIL 2V
XR HAND BIL 2V
XR SACROILIAC JNTS MIN 3V

Everything was in normal range except:
1. Urinalysis shows Ketones (40), but normal should be negative
2. Left foot x-ray reveals "Lucent line across the medial aspect of the left navicular bone could be an old fracture or more likely an unfused apophyseal center."  The doctor did a quick search and noted "Kohler disease" is what this is called.  She examined my foot and pressed on the area to look for pain, but I didn't feel anything unusual there.  I guess my bones refused to fuse when I was young.

Additionally, the x-ray of the sacroiliac joints did not find any abnormalities, thus I do not have Sacroiliitis, as my previous doctor clinically diagnosed (and sold me a belt for this condition).

NOTE: My left upper eyelid continues to twitch near the almost constantly throughout the day.  This is day 8 of the twitching in the same spot.  There is a slight chance of cyclobenzaprint causing twitches as a side effect, but I find it strange that this particular twitch has remained in the same spot and behaved the same way for so long. Usually, I get a twitch here and there and it goes away, maybe comes back in a different place.  This is just odd.

11 comments:

  1. It's good news to hear that you have found a new doctor who is effective. I myself am a doctor and have gotten several Fibromyalgia patients and have done what I could for them. It turns out that after giving them medication, they started feeling better. Little did they know that they were just placebos, but the effects the mind can have on the body is truly astounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you dispense a placebo to a patient? Was this for a study?

      Delete
  2. No, I just figured it was all in their heads and it turned out to be a great cure for them. They had the power to create this sickness for themselves and that same mind was able to dispel it in the belief that the placebo would help them. Better than pumping patients full of drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it turns out your doctor's degree is the real placebo here, isn't it? If you truly believe Fibromyalgia is something people decide to experience, you are not a real doctor and should not be taking money for your treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the contrary, I treat patients who are ailing from real sicknesses and actually suffer. Take a stroll through some of the intensive wards in a hospital and see what true suffering is like, being hooked up to tubes and machines, or patients who have to come in daily or almost every day for treatment with things like cancer. Go open your eyes to real suffering that these people go through, unlike you're bitching of your diarrhetic shits and hypochondriac paranoia. It's easy for you to write about your pains and sufferings, but what you experience is NOTHING in comparison to people with real problems. Finally, you want to help people out with real sicknesses and problems in life? Go out there in the world and make a difference instead of trying to make yourself look like a struggling warrior with your symptoms. Many people can preach, but few people actually go out and act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a contest. Fibro is real. Please don't "treat"any more fibro patients. Do no harm.

      Delete
  5. True, it is no contest. One can't compare real illnesses and people who are sick with those who are delusional and make themselves out to be fighters. Thank you for clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a doctor, please go help someone instead of trolling around on my blog. We know people like you are out there. We don't need reminders.

      Delete
  6. Wow. I was checking in to let you know that I've started seeing an acupuncturist and am very encouraged. Made the mistake of looking at the other comments to this post - Ick! Can you block "undesireables"? I would encourage you to do so. Sorry you were the recipient of such uncivility.
    Anyway - liking the 1 session I had with acupuncturist - due to distance, etc, can only access weekly appointments and will be going back in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can put controls on, but I decided to let the ugliness show for itself. If someone wants to be an ass for the whole world to see, why should I help protect them?

      I'm glad you're finding a treatment that helps you. It's difficult to find something that works when everyone's body reacts so differently to things. Take care!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.