Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'll Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I'm doing much better today, thanks in part to my fantastic friends who were brave enough to contact me despite my gruff demeanor this morning.  A few kind words do go a long way, especially when things seem dire.  

I learned to appreciate the fact that I'm managing to handle the adversity I have, even though I sometimes get a little lost along the way.  It's a bit of an ego-boost to say I'm better than average because I'm so constantly challenged, but hey, it works. :)

Lastly, I want to remind myself and everyone else of something I'd forgotten: 
"I will have better days."
I had this little note jotted down on a post-it for a while, but I guess I thought I had it down pat because I got rid of it.  Well, I don't.  When shit hits the fan (like yesterday and the day before), all logic seems to go with it as well.  A small reminder like that one (or "don't panic") will probably do wonders for me when I can't think clearly enough to remember that I'm just dealing with a temporary flare-up.  Today is proof that it was temporary.  I do feel much better and even managed to laugh and smile a bit.  I'm going to have to come up with a clever way to make sure I can see this reminder when I need it most.

Thanks everyone.  Just knowing you are reading this is helpful to me.