Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'll Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I'm doing much better today, thanks in part to my fantastic friends who were brave enough to contact me despite my gruff demeanor this morning.  A few kind words do go a long way, especially when things seem dire.  

I learned to appreciate the fact that I'm managing to handle the adversity I have, even though I sometimes get a little lost along the way.  It's a bit of an ego-boost to say I'm better than average because I'm so constantly challenged, but hey, it works. :)

Lastly, I want to remind myself and everyone else of something I'd forgotten: 
"I will have better days."
I had this little note jotted down on a post-it for a while, but I guess I thought I had it down pat because I got rid of it.  Well, I don't.  When shit hits the fan (like yesterday and the day before), all logic seems to go with it as well.  A small reminder like that one (or "don't panic") will probably do wonders for me when I can't think clearly enough to remember that I'm just dealing with a temporary flare-up.  Today is proof that it was temporary.  I do feel much better and even managed to laugh and smile a bit.  I'm going to have to come up with a clever way to make sure I can see this reminder when I need it most.

Thanks everyone.  Just knowing you are reading this is helpful to me.

3 comments:

  1. Coincidentally, within a couple weeks of each other, two friends who do not know each other sent me related things.
    One sent me a song: The Cape by Guy Clark.
    He said it was about me, always doing things other people said were too hard and too much work and not being put off by failure and being told no or being told something was too difficult. He said "Always trust your cape" Damn it made me cry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32OxKofS1A&feature=related
    Another friend made me a felted person with an acorn cap hat and an oak leaf cape, she said it was me, super nature woman, super art woman, doing good stuff for nature and for other artists with the gallery. Well, that made me cry too.
    So I keep the lyrics to the song in my wallet and the felted super-nature-art-woman hanging from my rear view mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Benia, nobody will mind a "gruff demeanor" if they know a tenth of what you go through. I can assure you that everyone who reads your posts that talk about any kind of health complaint, will be sending you positive thoughts. And that, my friend, DOES help! Best to you :)
    Silvana

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more note: My husband Don is always there for me, through all my ups and downs and I am very grateful for him. I LOVE YOU DON!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.