Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not Feeling Wonderful Yet

Today is my second sick day in a row.  I've been feeling awful in just about every way, lately.  Among the usual symptoms, I've been dealing with something new, since last Saturday morning.  It's a feeling of pressure in my upper abdomen, and I notice it is more uncomfortable when I breathe in deeply and just after eating (even just a little).  I'm also feeling more burning in my throat again lately.  I'm taking TUMs now and then, but it's still there.

I did some digging online and have narrowed it down to two possibilities: GERD and hiatal hernia.  I am taking it easy and resting as much as possible so my aches and pains may at least improve by tomorrow.  I have a job and cannot afford to slack.  The job/illness conflict has been weighing heavily on my mind lately.  I need the income and the insurance.  I really don't know how to proceed if things fall apart for me with work.

I'm off to bed now.  I started on the Sonata last night and I'm not sure if it was the drug change or the flare or both, but I kept waking up in pain all night.  Ugh, I need to get away from this computer for a while and really rest.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm about a month behind on reading all my Google Reader subscriptions. I subcribed to my own blog and comments, too. When I came upon this post, just earlier this month, I realized how screwed up my sense of time is. I seem to measure my time by flare ups, rather than weeks or months.

    These symptoms seemed to be months ago, but it was just a few weeks ago. Luckily, this stuff died down, but now I've got mysterious problems in some back ribs confounding me.

    Geez, I wonder what strange new symptoms my next flare up will bring. :\

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.