Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Switching to Savella - Day 3

I am at home again today, with the air conditioning off, sweating profusely and my feet are still cold.  My bones feel cold and achy.  I'm sure my boss is not happy with me, but he should be happy he's not going through the crap I'm going through.

My brain zaps are continuing, which is the main reason I did not go to work.  I noticed there is a weird kind of tinnitus thing that happens with each "zap".  It's like the momentary deafness that can wash over your head from time to time?  (Or maybe that's just me.)  Anyway, when I move my eyes around I notice it most.  The ringing kind of gets louder for a second, I feel like I'll pass out, and there's some sort of pressure or lack of pressure or something that I feel in my head.  I hear ambient noise in the room at a slightly louder volume when it happens.  It truly is hard to describe.  The most disconcerting part is feeling like I'll faint.  I don't trust that I won't.  I hang onto walls when I walk and I go very slowly.

Perhaps the emotional stuff is coming around. I feel a bit more irritable and angry about this.  I know it is temporary (I hope), so I just need to get through it.  I just hate not knowing when I'll be okay and can resume my new normal life again.  If my doctor had warned me that I'd have a week to feel completely wack and wouldn't be able to work, I might have tried to plan better or take vacation time from work or something.  Instead I'm in this and I just have to finish it, no matter how long it takes.  There's no going back now.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I've been on cymbalta for over 5 years. I've tried several times to stop, with a tiered lower dose and have failed every time.

    Gentle hugs in your time of need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, is the Cymbalta no longer effective for you? I know it's helpful to some, but it was making me too nauseous when I tried it. I guess that's how I ended up on Pristiq. Same class of drugs, but different side effects (for me). I hope you are able to do what you need to do to feel better, whether that's quitting or switching meds. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear from you. Don't be shy. Please share your thoughts...

PLEASE READ: Your comments are moderated, so you will NOT see your comment right away. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE TIMES. I will post it as soon as I can review it, if I approve. Thank you.