Monday, July 11, 2011

Weird Timing for Pain

Did you ever get sudden jolts of pain during odd times - usually with people around who wouldn't understand?

Today, my first day back at work after a week off, I was in a meeting with my boss and two coworkers. While discussing upcoming projects, my sciatica started acting up out of nowhere. I was probably making faces because it comes on so suddenly and fires those lightning bolt pains in the back of my right leg in rapid succession for several minutes.

I said nothing about it, of course, because we were involved in the discussion of the topic, but, needless to say, I was having a hard time focusing on the meeting. I grabbed my leg and wondered if I could voluntarily NOT wince so I wouldn't have to explain or be asked what's wrong. Well, nobody asked anything, but I'll never be certain that they didn't wonder if I was judging the discussion with my odd facial expressions or something.

Ugh. What a pain!